Friday, June 8, 2007

A-Muse Design Challenge #6: Heat It Up


For the second entry this week, I used the campfire scene. I did a similar one last week but still working with it. I teach at Wheaton College and spend part of my summer at HoneyRock, Wheaton's camp in northern Wisconsin. I was there last week and will be sending some of the students I worked with notes to encourage them this summer. Hence, lots of campfires in person and on cards!

This time around, I embossed the trees (again, had to hand-draw them with colored pencils) with Stampin' Stuff Vertigre powder. I also did the whole line of trees across the back and choose to make the camper stand in front with a popdot. The camper is embossed with black diamond. Also did the campfire as 3-D. The fire is stamped on the green paper (and embossed with clear) and the flames are on yellow, embossed with Stampendous' Pearlustre Champagne. I'm happy with the effect. Finally, the s'more marshmallow is done with Souffle pen.

No comments: