Saturday, June 9, 2007

A-Muse Design Challenge #6: Heat It Up (Take 3)


Here's another card for the A- Muse- A- Palooza challenge with embossing (is that a challenge, really? :) ) I used the Seattle girl, embossed with fireworks (by Make An Impression).
It's a blue based embossing powder with red and silver flecks but I don't think you can see them much on her-- for my next card, I'm going to use a heavy image where the embossing shows more).

Around the edges, I used a glaze pen to get the faux-embossed, raised look.

Even the paper is embossed... do I get extra credit? :) It's called "Embossible Designs" by We R Memory Keepers- this one is called Summer flowers. The background is a shiny pink that doesn't show up well in the picture. I'm not 100% sold on the purple bow, but I went with it anyway- thought the top needed something.

Finally to top it off, the tip of her umbrella is a "diamond" candy from A-Muse. I'm new to them and have had fun workin' em in.

In unrelated news, I went with my sister (who's a full-time nanny) to the zoo yesterday and we spied the baby polar bear, Hudson. He's about 6 months old and 70 pounds of all cute white fur. Momma was playing in the pool but he wasn't sure- here, she drove under water and in my mind, he's thinking, "huh, where'd she go?"

No comments: