Monday, September 3, 2007

The Cat's Pajamas


I suppose if you read through the blog, it appears I ONLY use A Muse stamps. Not true. Grant, I have a LOT of A Muse, but I've got some others too. Here's one with an image from Cat's Pajamas.

I really like the way the "framed" image came out. I stamped originally on white, mounted it on the purple (only thin framing left). Then, I mounted again on the yellow, leaving more of it showing, and finally on turquoise (again, only minimally revealed). So.. yes, the image is mounted on 3 other pieces but I like how it turned out.

To get background color on the image, I used chalks for the grass and the sky. Love my chalks-- color without the intensity of the markers!

The angle was just for fun and the ribbon and punched out flower just for flash. Something different than a center mount on all-one background as per my usual. The flower is actually 3 punched out flowers (in orange, red, and green) and can rotate to get slightly different color (mounted by brad with foam dot).
Sentiment is A Muse... can't totally abandon ship! hehehehe!

No comments: