Monday, September 3, 2007

The Bakery Series

As anyone in my family can attest, if there's one food I love in the world, it's pastries from the Orland Park Bakery. So, when I saw A Muse's bakery stamp, I HAD to have it! Love it!

Each fall, I mentor a group of freshman women who are entering Wheaton College (where I am a professor). I like to send them cards on occasion to perk up the day. In this age of cell phones and email, I think the students get less in their post boxes than we did when I was student. But, with a group of 9, the design has to be simple enough to duplicate without going crazy. Here's my first set of this year's group. I call it the bakery series.

The stamps are all by A Muse. I used A Muse's 4 x 4 cards (A Muse 4 x 4 card (Lime peel - asterix or the blue one... can't recall it's name!) as a base and applied the striped paper at the bottom and used the same paper on the awnings. I tried it with and without awning, straight or "lampshade" angle awning. Not sure which I like best but with 9 there had to be some alterations!

I used the "Hey cupcake" and tiny cupcake (both A Muse) inside with a "creative candy" (also A Muse) to top it off!



No comments: